Frequently Asked Questions for all programs associated with ISD #110:
(including WLC, Kid’s Co., Transitions, & SW Metro)
- What if I cannot get my credit card loaded or having issues updating a credit card number on my Wordware account?
Please call Wordware directly at 1-800-934-2621.
- How do I get a “family key” in order to register my Wordware account?
Please contact us and we will help you.
- What if I am “locked” out of my Wordware account?
Please contact us and we will help you.
- My students seem to be going through a lot of money. How can I tell what they are eating?
Log into your family Wordware account (www.wordwareinc.com); select “Family Account” at the top of the page; under the orange/yellow button on the lower left side labeled “add funds” you will see a tab labeled “Transaction History”; select “Transaction History” and you will see everything charged and deposited in this account for the entire year.
- How can I tell what items my student is being charged for?
Please access your school menu from “ONLINE MENUS” at the top of this page. For example, select Waconia High School Menu, you will see a price list for all a la carte items on the right side of the menu. Or visit Café #110 Meal Prices
- Can you put a limit on my student’s a la carte spending?
It is our practice to not set limits on student meal accounts – this is done because of the high demand for productivity on cashiers in our schools.
- I want to be able to put money in my student family account online, how can I do this?
Please contact us and we will help you get an on-line Wordware account established.
- How can I change my family balance notification setting?
If you have a registered Wordware account: Log into your Family Wordware account; click on “Family Accounts”; you will see a yellow “Add Funds” button on the left lower corner; underneath this yellow button, you will see “change notification settings”; click on “change notification settings” and choose your new settings or you can adjust the dollar amount at which you want to be notified here.
- The Waconia School District has set a general notification setting at -$0.01, but I want to be notified when my family account reaches a different amount instead, how do I change this?
If you have a registered Wordware account: log into your Family Wordware account; click on “Family Accounts”; you will see a yellow “Add Funds” button on the left lower corner; underneath this yellow button, you will see “change notification settings”; click on “change notification settings” and choose your new settings or you can adjust the dollar amount at which you want to be notified here.
- Why was my high school or middle school student offered an amended meal?
Once a family account reaches the maximum negative amount of -$25.00, high school and middle school students may be offered an amended meal. All transactions are deducted from your family account in real-time. This means that when the purchase occurs, money is immediately deducted from your family meal account.
- If I make an online payment through Wordware, how long does it take for this to show up in my family Wordware account?
Deposits typically take only a few minutes to show up in the family account.
- I have a registered e-mail associated with my family Wordware account but why am I not receiving the e-mail notifications that my family lunch account is in need of money?
Please check your spam and trash for an email from Wordware – if you do not see it there, proceed to call Wordware directly at 1-800-934-2621 and they can explore why you are not receiving the e-mails.
- How can I make a payment to my family lunch account?
You can make a payment by 1) establishing an on-line Wordware account and making a payment online via credit card; 2) send cash or check in with your student (they can hand this to the cashier). Please make sure the student’s name/ID number is on the check. 3) stop by your student’s school office and give payment to the secretary.
- I am interested in applying for a free/reduced meal application for my family, how can I do this?
Select and download the most current application by visiting Free & Reduced Meals
- I completed a free/reduced meal application and am wondering what the status is?
Please call 952-442-0600 and ask for Darlene.
- I would like to access the monthly menu for my student’s school, where can I find this?
Select your student’s school found under ONLINE MENUS.
- What is considered a reimbursable lunch?
A reimbursable lunch must consist of at least three of the five components (protein, grain, dairy, fruit, vegetable) and one of the three components MUST be a fruit or vegetable.
- My family receives free/reduced meals, but my student got charged for his/her lunch, why?
A free/reduced reimbursable meal must have at least three of five components (protein, grain, dairy, fruit, vegetable) and one of the three components MUST be a serving of a fruit or vegetable. More than likely; your student did not choose a fruit and/or vegetable with their meal and so was charged for the meal as a la carte.
- What is included in a reimbursable meal?
All of our school meals include a main entree (meat & grain), assorted fresh or hot vegetables, a selection of fresh and/or canned fruit options, and milk. Our high school and middle school cafeterias offer a choice of two main entree options, sandwich options, Smucker’s P&J sandwiches as well as meat/cheese/cracker tray entrees. Along with an entree, the meal includes a choice of vegetables, grain, many selections of fresh and/or canned fruit, salad bar, and milk. Each student meal includes one of everything, including one of EVERY fruit. If a student chooses more of any one item, he/she will be charged extra (extra pricing can be found on our website: www.cafe110.org).
- We have three children in our family, but one of my children was offered an amended meal today, why?
More than likely, after the first two family students ate, the account got to the maximum negative status of -$25.00 at which point the last student was offered an amended meal.
- What happens to the remaining money in my student’s account once they graduate?
If there are other siblings in the family account, the money will remain in the family account for them to use next year. If the senior is the last sibling in the family, parents can request a refund of this money. Parents are asked to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org after graduation day until June 30, if they are requesting a refund. PLEASE NOTE: No requests for refunds will be taken prior to the day after graduation. Any remaining money in the last sibling account after June 30, will be automatically be transferred to the Cafe #110 “Plateful Account.”
- Our family is moving out of the Waconia School District and we would like a refund of our remaining lunch money – how can we get this? Please contact email@example.com to request a refund.
- What are the benefits of registering my family Wordware account? Permits you to pay via credit card online, select “auto-fill” option, check current account balance, see student transactions/ payments, select and adjust your notification settings, add more contacts for notifications.
- What happens with graduating senior accounts? Seniors will not be allowed to make any purchase unless they maintain a positive balance.
If your senior is the last student attending Waconia Schools in your family and you wish to receive a lunch account refund for any money left in their lunch account, please contact us between graduation day and June 30. This e-mail should contain the following information: Your student’s first/last name, the person the check should be made out to, address the check should be mailed.
PLEASE NOTE: Requests for refunds will NOT be accepted before graduation day.
After July 1, all money left in last sibling senior accounts will be donated to our Cafe #110 “Plateful Account.”