Frequently Asked Questions for MEAL
programs associated with ISD #110:

  • What if I am having issues updating a credit card number on my Wordware account? Call Wordware directly at 1-800-934-2621.
  • How do I see what my student is purchasing? Log into your family account, select “SmartSchoolK12” and view transactions.
  • Can you put a limit on my student’s a la carte spending?  Cafe #110 does not limit student meal account spending.
  • How do I know when my account is running low? Account balance notifications can be set on your Wordware account. Select “Family Accounts,” then select “Add Funds” and you will see the option to “change notification settings. Choose your preference and set it here.
  • If I make an online payment through Wordware, how long does it take for this to show up in my family Wordware account?
    Deposits typically take only a few minutes to show up in the family account.
  • How can I make a payment to my family lunch account? You can make a payment by 1) establishing an online Wordware account and making a payment online via credit card; 2) sending cash or check in with your student (they can hand this to the cashier).  Please make sure the student’s name/ID number is on the check.  3) stop by your student’s school office and give payment to the secretary.
  • I am interested in applying for a free/reduced meal application for my family, how can I do this? Select and download the most current application by visiting Free & Reduced Meals.
  • What is a “complete meal?” A complete meal must include three servings of the five components offered (protein, grain, dairy, fruit, vegetable), and one of the three servings MUST be a fruit or vegetable. If a student is unsure, have them ask the cashier.
  • My family receives free meals, but my student got charged for lunch, why? A free meal must be “complete” and have at least three of five servings (protein, grain, dairy, fruit, vegetable), one of the three servings MUST be a serving of a fruit or vegetable.  More than likely; your student did not choose a fruit and/or vegetable with their meal and so was charged for the meal as a la carte.
  • What is included in a free meal? All of our school meals include a main entree (meat & grain), assorted fresh or hot vegetables, a selection of fresh and/or canned fruit options, and milk. Our high school and middle school cafeterias offer a choice of two main entree options, sandwich options, Smucker’s P&J sandwiches. Along with the entree, our meal includes a choice of many selections of fresh and/or canned fruit, salad bar,  vegetables, and milk. Each student meal includes one of everything, including one of EVERY fruit. If a student chooses more of any one item, they will be charged extra (extra pricing can be found on our website.
  • What happens to the remaining money in my family meal account once school ends or my student graduates? If there are other siblings in the family account, positive or negative balances will carry over to the next school year. If the senior is the last sibling in the family, parents can request a refund by clicking here. 
  • Our family is moving out of the Waconia School District and we would like a refund of our remaining lunch money – how can we get this? Send an email to us at cafe110@isd110.org to request a refund.