Love Eating Authentic Food
A leaf is an essential part of a plant whose primary function is to produce fuel. And so the essence of Cafe #110’s LEAF Initiative is to provide excellent nutrition that fuels bodies and minds.
- Café #110 is dedicated to offering healthy and safe food to all ages.
- Our staff is committed to providing superior customer experiences and building relationships.
- We have a passion for supporting academic excellence through the nutritional quality of the food we serve.
- From scratch: Did you know we make many of our food items from scratch? We have kitchen crews who pride themselves in making fresh, wholesome healthy food items.
- Scratch cooking allows us to control the menu and ingredients to maximize your child’s nutrition!
- Licensed Dietitian: Barb Schank is our nutrition expert who knows health; her job is to create menus that will maximize the growth and development of each child by blending taste and health.
- Locally sourced: Whenever we can, we prefer to use local ingredients, local companies, and local produce.
- Presentation: When foods don’t look tasty, they just won’t get eaten! We train our staff on how to make our healthy foods look tasty.
- Here to serve: Please let us know if there’s something you’d like to see on the menu! We’ve worked hard over the past few years to add new items to the menu. We are an evolving program, aligning with the preferences and diversity of our students.
- Variety: The average restaurant typically provides 3-5 unique food items for children. We’re pleased to offer more than 200 menu items and are excited to find new items that resonate with student’s taste preferences.
- The goal: We’re flexible and agile. Yes, we have very strict nutritional standards but we’re always seeking to new ideas and recipes to introduce to our students. If you have suggestions, please send them our way!
- Director of Nutritional Services, Barbara Schank, L.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nutritional Services Assistant, Tracy Braun, email@example.com
- Meal Benefit Expert, Darlene Siegle, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hide & Seek: We just don’t play that game. If you have questions, concerns, or are seeking information about any menu item, you should be able to find it. Call or email us.
- Special Diets: No doubt about it, this is an incredibly serious matter. We work tirelessly with all our vendors to ensure we have the right information regarding special diets, and we do our best to make this information accessible.
- Nutritional value: Day after day, it would be incredibly difficult to plan healthy meals. Thankfully, it’s our full time job and we love what we do. Each day, we get to serve healthy, nutritious meals to the world’s greatest students!
- Operating budget: Many people don’t realize that we operate as a self-serve entity in the school district. That means we receive no district dollars and must use the money we bring in from one meal to pay for the next. But that doesn’t mean we’re a for-profit businesses. Whenever we turn a profit, we invest 100% of it back into our operation!
- Pricing value: If we took our meals to competitive restaurants, the costs would more than double! We’ve worked hard to find not just the best foods, but also the best prices. We pass that savings right back into your pockets and our low prices reflect the laser sharp focus we have on providing healthy meals at the lowest possible cost!
- We love our jobs and consider it a great privilege to serve your students each day. We’re not perfect, but we’re definitely taking school nutrition to the next level! We’re always looking for ways to improve the quality and types of meals we serve and we appreciate, very much, the relationships with have with you and our students! If you ever have questions, ideas, concerns, or just want to be in touch, please reach out to us! We want to hear from you and love working together to improve your child’s health.
- We are most concerned about meeting the needs of our students and their parents. We would like to invite parents to eat lunch with their children in our cafeterias at any time.
- Trans Fats
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Artificial Coloring
- Artificial Flavoring
- Bromated Flour
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Refined Sugar
- Sodium Benzoate
- Silicon Dioxide
- BPA Bisphenol A
- Premanufactured Food